Let’s review a few posts from Dr. Stacy Sims on IG:
“As an active woman the timing of your protein intake is key, especially as it relates to exercise recovery and muscle repair.
- Women recover faster with 25 to 30 g of protein with 5 to 7 g of BCAAs within 30 minutes of a hard workout is important for both endurance and strength workouts.
- I get a lot of questions about what 30g of protein looks like.
For years, sports nutritionists recommended a 3:1 snack for recovery. (Carb:protein)
- But that’s not what women really need we need protein and we need it fast‼️
- Especially after a strenuous workout.
- Progesterone exacerbates muscle breakdown in women so you need more protein to protect those muscles and come back stronger.
- If you don’t eat any protein, your body will not use carbohydrates for refilling muscle and liver glycogen as it supposed to, rather the carbs you eat will instead assist in repairing your muscles.
Your period will definitely impact how strong you feel when you strength train.
- Research shows it may also impact your strength gains. .
- In a study published by the International Journal of sports medicine, the women who trained with their cycle, saw more than twice the 13% gain of those who lifted the same way regardless of where they were in their cycle
This is pretty critical to remember‼️
- Although we mobilize more fat during exercise, the opposite is true during recovery.
- At this point women tend to burn an increased proportion of carbs, where as men burn an increased proportion of fat. .
- Women’s fat-burning post exercise metabolism drops back to normal about 3 hours after they’ve showered and gone about their day, while men’s levels remain elevated up to 21 hours later.
- Physiology is a major factor.
Some cortisol is good! But…
- When we can’t lower it and have a chronically elevated baseline of cortisol, our DHEA takes a hit. .
- DHEA is the antagonist of cortisol, it is the precursor to making testosterone, estrogen, progesterone. .
- Once cortisol is elevated, progesterone can be converted to MORE cortisol.
- This is because the body becomes less and less sensitive to cortisol, a little bit akin to needing a stronger and stronger caffeine hit as you become accustomed to it.
- Basically high cortisol means low DHEA, which starts the path to menstrual dysfunction, as well as other complications if it goes unchecked
- Effectively, as a woman begins to train harder and jumps on to the low carb bandwagon, her body goes into a perceived starvation mode
- shutting down fertility and creating the environment for menstrual dysfunction.
Whether you’re looking to stimulate faster muscle growth, recover more rapidly from exercise, become more resistant to fatigue during a grueling workout, or just benefit from additional amino acids in their most absorbable form to support aging or a vegan, vegetarian, or ketosis diet, Kion Aminos essential amino acids has you covered.*
Essential amino acids are just that: essential. Your body can’t produce them on its own and yet they are crucial for supporting and maintaining the muscular, skeletal, enzymatic, nervous and hormonal systems of the body.* All of these systems need to be running optimally if you’re hoping to get to sleep faster, promote muscle synthesis, enhance recovery from exercise, support optimal cognition, support your immune system, digest properly, and much, much more.*
Your body generally gets amino acids from the protein you consume as food. But your body’s amino acid utilization from common protein sources is often less than 50% of their content, with the rest being excess calories and waste. About 48% of egg protein is utilized by your body, less than 32% for meat, poultry and fish, less than 18% of whey and soy protein, and only 1% of branched chain amino acids are utilized by the body.
The amino acid utilization of Kion Aminos is a whopping 99%, meaning your body is actually absorbing and utilizing the essential amino acids it needs.* Plus, Kion Aminos are formulated in the exact, scientifically validated proportions needed for maximum utilization and absorbed by the body within twenty minutes.* So if you’re running from the gym, in need of a quick energy boost, staving off hunger pangs, or in the middle of a long workout, you can easily give your body the support it needs – and fast.
And yes, this means you get all of the essential amino acids, but without actually having to prepare, chew, digest or engage in any other stressful or inconvenient way of getting your protein. Don’t take this the wrong way: of course, we’re all about eating high-quality, nutrient-dense, tasty foods like steak, eggs, and nuts, but when you’re in a situation that requires you get your protein fast and you get it absorbed even faster, Kion Aminos is the perfect solution.
So what’s inside Kion Aminos?
Kion Aminos is an essential amino acids (also known as EAA’s) supplement that is 99% utilized by the body for protein synthesis.* No other form of protein comes close! The ingredients contain eight essential amino acids, perfect for omnivores, Paleo dieters, vegans, vegetarians, and ketosis support.
Kion Aminos contains:
- Tryptophan to encourage the release of important neurotransmitters and hormones for mood and sleep, such as serotonin and melatonin.
- Lysine, which, if deficient, can result in a deficiency in niacin (Vitamin B), as well as slow connective tissue repair.
- Methionine to supply sulfur and other compounds required by your body for optimum metabolism and growth.
- Valine, which is needed for muscle fiber firing, tissue repair, and for the maintenance of proper nitrogen balance in the body.
- Leucine, which stimulates muscle protein synthesis and may be the major fuel involved in anabolic (tissue building) reactions.
- Isoleucine, which is important for blood sugar regulation, muscle development and repair and energy regulation.
- Threonine, which is important for antibody production, immune system activity, and can be converted into glycine and serine.
- Phenylalanine, which stimulates the release of neurotransmitters and hormones such adrenaline and noradrenaline, which are necessary substances for optimum activity of your central and peripheral nervous systems.
With each amino acid performing a variety of functions within your body, you want to ensure you have enough of them at the ready and in the proper ratios. Kion Aminos provides this in both tablet and powder form.
Kion Aminos tablets contain one gram of essential amino acids per tablet, with NO binders, fillers, stearates, coating or dye. Just eight essential amino acids formulated to be in the perfect ratio for your body’s absorption and utilization. And there is only 0.4 of a calorie per tablet.
Kion Aminos powder comes in two delicious flavors, mixed berry and cool lime, and is 100% all natural and sugar-free. The included five-gram scoop allows you to easily portion your serving that dissolves easily in water or your favorite drink.
As a dietary supplement, we recommend that you take five grams (five tablets or one scoop) of Kion Aminos daily. As an exercise aid, take five grams thirty minutes prior to physical activity and repeat every two hours of exercise. For maximum absorption, take Kion Aminos twenty minutes before or one to two hours after other dietary protein and fat.
With so many benefits, such convenience, and the fact that these amino acids are essential to your body, Kion Aminos are a superb addition to just about any diet.
So try Kion Aminos today and propel your performance and vitality to new heights!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Aminos Tablets – As a dietary supplement, take 5 tablets daily. As an exercise aid take 5 tablets 30 minutes prior to physical activity, repeating once every two hours of exercise. Take 20 minutes before or 1-2 hours after other dietary protein or fat.
Aminos Powder – As a dietary supplement, take 1 scoop in 8-12 oz of water or juice daily. As an exercise aid, take an additional 1 scoop 30 minutes prior to physical activity, repeating once every two hours of exercise. Take 20 minutes before or 1-2 hours after other dietary protein or fat.
Here are the main benefits of Aminos:
- Run/bike/swim longer and harder
- Not feel fatigued, sustained energy (mentally and physically)
- Initial boost to get going, energy within the first 10-15 minutes of a run
- Energy source that keeps you feeling light and not weighed down
“Kion Essential Aminos totally changed my running experience. As a triathlete/runner/competitor, I’m always looking for an extra edge. Kion Aminos gives me a much-needed energy kick at the beginning of my races and helps me add a few extra miles to my training each week. I highly recommend Kion Aminos to any runners/triathletes out there looking for a natural energy boost.”