2021 Fasting Challenge begins January 11th 2021
Are you ready to get a jumpstart on 2021 and say goodbye to 2020?
What is one of the best ways to press the “RESET” and “REBOOT” button?
Not necessarily a five-day water only fast… but you could if you are ready for it. BUT we are doing the Kion 5-day fast as a time to press reset and reboot (plus a little detox and recalibration of the body systems – and mindset!)
Today Kelsey Hess and I discuss the different types of fasting as well as fasting benefits and stressors.
- Review Fasting benefits
- Review different kinds of fasting
- Fasting for athletes
- Fasting for women
- Fasting for female stressed athletes!
- What we are doing for our “fast”
- What “breaking a fast” actually means
- The three most common fasting methods and their guidelines
- How does coffee, tea, healthy fats, sweeteners, supplements, and other common foods affect fasting
- How to prepare for a fast
- How to break a fast
- Tips for making fasting easier
Kelsey is a Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that specializes in women’s health and thyroid disorders. Her first foray into health originated in a decade of researching and experimenting to overcome her own hormone imbalances and manage Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
She’s worked closely with Ben Greenfield developing a certification course for health practitioners, diving deep into topics ranging from brain health to gut health, detoxification, hormones, fitness, athletic recovery, spiritual growth, and more.
Today, she manages educational and marketing content for Kion, a supplement and lifestyle company co-founded by Ben Greenfield, based in Boulder, Colorado. As a former engineer, her passion involves breaking down complex scientific topics in the health industry into simple ideas and solutions anyone can understand. –Kelsey Hess | Content & Brand Manager
At Kion, we believe in bio-individuality: that each person’s health needs are unique. The perfect diet, fitness plan, or fasting practice simply doesn’t exist because we all have different genetics, activity levels, health conditions, and more.
In his article on fasting and women, Mark Sisson sums up this dichotomy quite nicely:
“As it stands right now, I’d be inclined to agree that pre-menopausal (and perhaps peri-menopausal) women are more likely to have poor—or at least different—experiences with intermittent fasting (at least as a weight loss tool). That said, it appears to be a potentially gender-neutral therapeutic tool for chemotherapy, cancer, and age-related neurodegeneration patients.”
While the science is limited, from these studies we can at least start to make an argument that women have a different (sometimes more negative) response to fasting than men.
So… why is that?
Bone Broth Benefits as per Boundless Immune Chapter pg.361
Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth Benefits:
The LOWCARBATHLETE code is valid for 20% off orders of $75 or more and it is only valid for one use per customer
IMMUNITY: The collagen and amino acids in bone broth help strengthen and repair our gut lining, which is home to over 70% of our immune system.
JOINT HEALTH: Gelatin and collagen help strengthen the skeletal system, rebuild connective tissue, ease joint pain, and reduce inflammation.
SKIN, HAIR & NAILS: Collagen provides the building blocks for healthy skin, hair, and nails
BRAIN FUNCTION: Research calls our gut our “second brain.” When you support your gut, you directly affect how you think and feel.
Get ready for a worldwide Health (RE) Building Fasting Challenge January 11 to January 15th, 2021 from our friends at Get Kion!
It is time to get ready to say GOODBYE to 2020 and say hello to 2021 with a fresh new start!
A new year, a new start should include a type of FASTING CHALLENGE with your team at Get Kion!
Our Fasting Challenge takes place from January 11th through the 15th, and we’d be honored if you joined me (don’t forget to bring your friends, too)! Kion is expecting at least 25,000 opt-ins this year.
You can register NOW and COMMIT by signing up here -and registration is open through January 10th if you can recruit your friends and family to join in this health building free event with people from around the WORLD!
By joining us in the Kion Fasting Challenge, you can learn about a free, effective health practice, as well as get exposed to a community of over 20,000 health-seekers, and benefit from your participation!
The Kion Challenges are a great way to engage with other like-minded individuals from around the world and be encouraged to adopt new healthy habits with the support of the health building community.
Fasting has a wide range of health benefits, such as:
- Gut Health
- Brain Health
- Appetite Regulation
- Longevity and Disease Prevention
How the Challenge works:
- As always, our challenges are free to join!
- People can opt-in for the Challenge here
- Once you register, you will then get a free download of the Get Kion comprehensive eBook, Fasting Decoded, daily emails motivating and educating them on the practice, as well as video educational resources from a few experts!
- During the 5-day Challenge, participants practice their preferred method of fasting while having a community to relate and encouragement along the way.
- Each day of the Challenge, Kion will release video content from fasting experts to educate and inspire via email, Instagram, and YouTube.
- As a Fasting Challenge participant-you will also be entered into a give away but you must opt-in on the landing page here and follow @kion to be entered.
- Sign up period: 12/22-1/10 – register here
- The Kion Fasting Challenge live: 1/11-1/15
Are you ready to join the New Year’s Fasting Challenge with Kion Coaches? It is only five days and a perfect way to get a jumpstart on transforming the WHOLE you this year. It is easier than you think…as it is not a water only fast (unless you want to!).
Did you jump into your local lake or ocean for a New Year’s polar bear plunge?
I thought about doing our local Polar Bear Resolution 5k trip and dip but it was stormy outside- instead I am working on cleaning out the “old” in my house and bringing in new organization for the New Year! My environmental detox! Clutter is a stressor to me and I am starting a new journey in 2020 with a new business as I follow my passion on health building coaching for others as myself…but doing a five day fast is another way I like to start the year.
Fortunately, our Kion Coaching group is running a free five day fasting challenge to help offer support and guidance for kicking off the New Year!
What is the best way to fast? What can you eat or not eat? When do you eat?
If you are new to fasting, or even experienced, we still need to prepare for a five day fast by making gradual lifestyle and eating habit changes now…
“prep phase”. Or else we may set ourselves up for failure in our fasting challenge – or have a bad experience.
Sign up for the five day fast on www.getkion.com
Next start making these easy adjustments…
- Start by restricting your feeding window this weekend
- Eat all you food in a window of 8-12 hours then fast the rest of the time 12-16 hours…whatever feels more comfortable for you!
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed
- You r body will start to tap into fat reserves for energy- ketones can be used to fuel the body including the brain and heart.
- Start getting into a state of mild autophagy
- You will begin to feel an increase in energy levels as your body switches to fat burning mode.
- Start hydrating with filtered water and electrolytes to retain the water- sea salt!
- Eat enough in your time restricted eating window but focus on eating real nutrient dense foods as clean organic leafy non-starchy vegetables, grass-fed meats and healthy natural fats.
- You can easily work into intermittent fasting by stopping eating three hours before bed and then way to “break” your fast the next day by moving your “break-fast” to later mid-morning when you start to feel hungry.
- Drink filtered salted water!
Make sure you follow LOWCARBATHLETE and Kion on Instagram then tag all us in all of your posts and stories with @lowcarbathlete, @Kion and #kionfast to share your fasting experience with us.
|Remember, the Kion Fasting Challenge starts on Monday the 11th 2021! Or contact me for a consultation for individual health building coaching programs or services. |