The WHOLE Athlete Podcast Listener Questions:
- I wondered your thoughts on IF and being a female. I love IF. And fasted workouts. I just feel good doing it.
- Two nutritionists say I really should eat something before working out (even just a few spoons of yogurt or nut butter) as the worry about my cortisol levels.
- Nutritionists recommended I have 115-150 carbs per day (macro counting) with my being an endurance athlete.
- However, I see so man successful stories from athletes (male and female) who eat less carbs on the FB pages.
- Did any medical concerns you had come directly from low carb/IF?
- Do you currently practice either- LCH and/or IF?
- Do you macro count? Carb count?
- I feel when IF I am less hungry, feel better and love working out.
- Due to Nutritionist’s recommendations I’ve added back breakfast. I’m not loving it but willing to keep at it. Just so confused as to what is best to do!
- Remember the rule N = 1
- How do you know if you are doing something that could potentially be unhealthy? TEST don’t Guess… listen to your body and respect/honor the red flags/signals.
What are your main health complaints or health goals as an athlete?
Extremely fatigued, recovering from shingles and trying to find balance with my life.
I am highly competitive at work and play – former cross fitter and now on the spartan pro team – but I need to change and I am struggling to do so. I am constantly driven to exercise but feel like crap but scared if I stop I will get fatter – I am a bit of mess and would love some help.
Symptoms include poor digestion. I have changed my diet to low carb – I always ate clean but was a high carb eater I was crazy about my weight and macros so I am sure I probably under fueled for a long time
The change in diet seems to have reduced digestive issue I have changed my training to MAF based but I am itching to race again but want a plan as I know I will fall off this wagon and be back to my addicted to endorphins way”
How to improve your digestion?
Questions to discuss include:
- What’s your main health complaint?
- How often does it bother you?
- How long has it been going on for?
- What have you tried so far that has not worked?
- How does this affect your life or what does it prevent you from doing?
- Who or what (fear, money, time) may stop you from completing a health rebuilding program (who will support you)?
- What would you (reasonably) expect to achieve while working with me?
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how important is it to solve this?
The WHOLESTIC Method Health Detective Packages: let’s start collecting data and put the missing pieces of the puzzle together to solve your mystery of your unexplained symptoms…or you just want to optimize your health and performance in LIFE to improve the aging process. Let’s work together to investigate the WHOLE you with the FDN investigative 3-step process and get your started on your transformational journey so you can soon feel energetic, grateful and inspired to thrive each day.
3-Month Jumpstart Program:
- Get started on your healing and rebuilding journey
- Start working on your transformation program with D.R.E.S.S.
- Identify your external and H.I.D.D.E.N. internal chronic stressors
- Online Zoom Video Coaching sessions
- One 80-minute Results & Recommendations Coaching session
- Start with three or the big five functional lab tests to get started: additional fee
- Stress hormones ($212) or Dutch Hormone Test ($399)
- Gut pathogens ($275) or GI Map ($359)
- Metabolic Assessment Profile ($155)
- Leaky Gut IP Test ($110)
- MRT Food Sensitivity Test ($335)
- Organic Acids Test (OATS)
- 90-Day “D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success” Protocol
- Learn about your individualized recommendations to optimize the WHOLE you from the inside out to improve performance and longevity
- Nutritional Therapy Assessment
- DNA Fit Report Assessment
- Work together to identify your
- Your main health concerns
- Your sources of dysfunction and imbalances
- your main healing opportunities
- Coaching sessions to learn the tools how to rebuild the WHOLE you to reach your goals and solve your concerns
- Personalized recommendations for nutrition (including digestion and gut health), sleep, exercise, stress reduction, and ideal supplementation to provide the support your cells are missing that are necessary to optimize health from a cellular level.
- Guide the WHOLE you to ideal performance and longevity
The WHOLE You Coaching Package
3-month program: session rates include prep work, video conference call and follow up.
- 6 x 45-minute sessions (two each month)
- 1 x 80-minute R & R session (once lab results are collected and assessment completed with 90-day protocol)
- 6 x 20-minute accountability check-in call (schedule as needed during the coaching program)
- Three Monthly payments $797 per month
- Plus the recommended above 3 to 6 labs plus suggested supplements- I order the labs for you, shipped to your house then you self test and pay the lab testing company
Learn more on my blog and podcast https://debbiepotts.net/blog