TEST and not GUESS about it!
TEST with one of the big five lab tests we use based on your main health concerns/complaints!
GENOVA DIAGNOSTICS – INTESTINAL PERMEABILITY (IP) ASSESSMENT
“Leaky gut syndrome is a digestive condition that affects the lining of the intestines. In leaky gut syndrome, gaps in the intestinal walls allow bacteria and other toxins to pass into the bloodstream.“https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326117
What are the signs and symptoms of a “leak” in your gut wall lining?
Leaky gut may cause or contribute to the following symptoms:
- chronic diarrhea, constipation, or bloating
- nutritional deficiencies
- difficulty concentrating
- skin problems, such as acne, rashes, or eczema
- joint pain
- widespread inflammation
The Genova IP Assessment examines small intestinal absorption and barrier function in the bowel.
MARKERS INCLUDED ON THIS TEST:
- Lactulose Percent Recovery
- Mannitol Percent Recovery
- Lactulose/Mannitol Ratio
To assess intestinal permeability, the lab measures the ability of two non-metabolized sugar molecules to permeate the intestinal mucosa. The client drinks a pre-measured amount of lactulose and mannitol. The degree of intestinal permeability or malabsorption is reflected in the levels of the two sugars recovered in a urine sample collected over the next 6 hours.
- Test Type: 2 urine samples (first morning urine before lactulose/mannitol drink and urine collected for the 6 hours after the drink)
- Shipping: Use the FedEx shipping bag enclosed in the test kit and drop the package off at a FedEx office or call FedEx for a free pick-up.
- Cost: $99 (shipping included)
- Instruction Sheet: See attachment below
- Sample Report: See attachment below
- Advantages of this test: This test is the FDN recommended test used and is a simple test to perform in order to assess whether there is increased intestinal permeability (“leaky gut”).
- Disadvantages of this test: This test does not measure all the mechanisms behind leaky gut. If SIBO is present, the bacteria may ferment the lactulose so it’s unavailable for the test, causing a false negative.
Do you feel as a broken and burned out athlete – who is trying to get their body and vibrant self back again?
Are you struggling to get the desired results even when you are doing everything “right”?
Schedule a call with me here to discover more as you don’t have to feel this way and settle for your chronic fatigue and weight gain as the “new you” or use the excuse of “geting older” as the cause!
Trust me… I get it.
The struggle is real and I have experienced it all!
Life is not a race- it is a Journey! Learn how you can enjoy the ride here.