The Microbiome: How to improve your gut
I hope all is well and you, your family and friends are staying healthy and safe during this time.
During this time of Covid, protecting the gut Microbiome and supporting immune resilience is the key to health. There are several Microbiome Labs products that may help balance the microbiota and offer mucosal support, which is critically important for immune function.
As you know, the three fundamental aspects of gut health include the microbial population, physical structures, and regulatory immune function.
The Microbiome Lab’s Total Gut Restoration protocol was designed to support the healing of the microbiome and gastrointestinal barrier in three easy steps.
I am sure you are familiar with Microbiome Labs fan favorite, MegaSporeBiotic TM which is the first broad-spectrum probiotic shown to decrease serum LPS levels by over 60% in a published University study. It also shows support for a healthier immune response by targeting the root of low-grade systemic inflammation.
MegaPre TM Significantly increases SCFA production and microbial diversity for keystone, beneficial bacteria like Akkermansia muciniphila and Bifidobacterium species2 Dr. Tom Bayne has thoughts from a practitioner perspective.
MegaMucosa TM is the first complete mucosal support supplement of its kind, formulated to rebuild a healthy mucosal barrier. It contains dairy-free immunoglobulins clinically shown to support a healthy immune response in the mucosa and a state-of-the-art flavobiotic clinically shown to support microbial diversity and alleviate barrier dysfunction, otherwise known as leaky gut. Dr. Tom Bayne shares his thoughts as he uses this product in his practice.
MegaIgG2000 TM binds, neutralizes, and safely eliminates pathogens and toxins from the digestive tract. It also strengthens the immune system by reducing toxic load. The immunoglobulins protect the gut barrier lining, supports a healthy inflammatory response, and improves nutrient utilization3
This total system is safe for patients as young as three years old and many patients notice improvements in their symptoms in a few short months.
This system plays a key role
- in soothing inflammation
- strengthening the immune system
- increasing your resilience.
I’d love to discuss how I can help you optimize your health, strengthen your immune system and build resiliency via by phone or zoom.
Before I say goodbye… let me share some basic definitions as I always believe we should understand the WHY in life.
- Compounds in food that induce the growth or activity of beneficial microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi.
- The most common example is in the gastrointestinal tract, where prebiotics can alter the composition of organisms in the gut microbiome.
- Live microorganisms promoted with claims that they provide health benefits when consumed, generally by improving or restoring the gut flora.
The intestinal mucosal barrier, also referred to as intestinal barrier
- Refers to the property of the intestinal mucosa that ensures adequate containment of undesirable luminal contents within the intestine while preserving the ability to absorb nutrients.
- The separation it provides between the body and the gut prevents the uncontrolled translocation of luminal contents into the body proper.
- Its role in protecting the mucosal tissues and circulatory system from exposure to pro-inflammatory molecules, such as microorganisms, toxins, and antigens is vital for the maintenance of health and well-being.
- Intestinal mucosal barrier dysfunction has been implicated in numerous health conditions such as: food allergies, microbial infections, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, metabolic syndrome, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, diabetes, and septic shock.
What is the Total Gut Restoration Protocol and WHY do we all need it to improve our health, immunity and resiliency?
Future articles and podcast topics coming soon on:
- The Microbiome and Fat Loss
- The Microbiome and Health Optimization
- The Microbiome and Athletic Performance
Please contact me here to schedule a discovery call if interested in learning how you can improve your ability to burn fat, optimize health and improve athletic performance.
In best interest of your health and wellness,
Coach Debbie Potts
Who is Debbie Potts?
Owner, trainer, and coach of a unique “Health Detective” coaching services with unique “The WHOLESTIC Method” eight elements to guide clients REPAIR, (RE)-BUILD and RESTORE their WHOLE health back to improve vitality and balance. Debbie helps driven and ambitious people, who are trying to do all the “right” things, investigate what is actually going on “under the hood” to get their body and vibrant self-back again. Many of us are addicting to always being busy and racing through life each day! Debbie is on a personal mission, close to her heart, how to help others similar to herself avoid breakdown and burning out from doing too much in life (and sports)!
1.. Detzel CJ, Horgan A, Henderson AL, Petschow BW, Warner CD, Maas KJ, et al. Bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate binds pro-inflammatory bacterial compounds and prevents immune activation in an intestinal co-culture model. PloS one. 2015;10(4): e0120278.
2. Duysburgh C, Van den. Abbeele P, Krishnan K, et al. A synbiotic concept containing spore-forming Bacillus strains and a prebiotic fiber blend consistently enhanced metabolic activity by modulation of the gut microbiome in vitro. Int J Pharmaceutics: X. 2019;1: 100021.
3. Norling LV, et al. Resolving inflammation by using nutrition therapy: roles for specialized proresolving mediators. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2017;20(2):145–152.