How does a Functional Health Practitioner analyze a Comprehensive Blood Chemistry Panel?
A functional comprehensive blood chemistry assessment and analysis, often referred to as functional blood chemistry analysis or functional blood testing, is a type of medical evaluation that goes beyond the standard blood tests performed in a routine medical check-up. It is typically conducted by healthcare professionals who specialize in functional or integrative medicine. The goal of this assessment is to gain a more detailed and holistic understanding of a patient’s health, with a focus on identifying underlying imbalances and potential contributing factors to various health conditions.
Here are the key components of a functional comprehensive blood chemistry assessment and analysis:
- Comprehensive Blood Panel: This typically includes a wider range of blood markers than a standard blood test. It may cover markers for blood sugar (glucose and HbA1c), lipid profile (cholesterol and triglycerides), liver function, kidney function, electrolytes, and more.
- Advanced Biomarkers: Functional blood testing often includes markers that may not be part of routine blood tests. Examples include markers for inflammation (e.g., C-reactive protein or CRP), oxidative stress, nutrient levels, hormonal imbalances, and markers related to thyroid function.
- Nutrient and Vitamin Levels: Assessment of various vitamins and minerals in the blood, such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, folate, and iron, to determine if any deficiencies or imbalances are present.
- Hormonal Analysis: Testing hormones such as thyroid hormones, sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone), adrenal hormones (cortisol and DHEA), and insulin.
- Metabolic Markers: Assessing markers related to metabolism, including insulin sensitivity, markers for metabolic syndrome, and cholesterol particle size.
- Digestive Function: Evaluating markers related to gastrointestinal health, such as markers for malabsorption and inflammation in the gut.
- Inflammatory Markers: Assessing markers for chronic inflammation, which can be linked to various health conditions.
- Autoimmune Markers: Detecting markers associated with autoimmune conditions, such as antibodies against specific tissues or organs.
- Toxicity and Detoxification: Assessing markers for the presence of toxins or heavy metals in the body and the effectiveness of detoxification pathways.
- Functional Analysis: Interpreting these results in the context of the patient’s health and symptoms, looking for patterns and imbalances that may not be evident in a standard blood test.
The functional comprehensive blood chemistry assessment and analysis aims to provide a more personalized and holistic understanding of a patient’s health, with an emphasis on identifying underlying causes of health issues rather than merely addressing symptoms. This approach allows for a more tailored and preventive approach to healthcare, helping patients make informed decisions about their diet, lifestyle, and potential interventions to optimize their health and well-being. It is often used in integrative and functional medicine practices to address chronic health issues and support overall wellness.
Are you ready to take ownership of how you want to show up each day to live your best life in your second half of your life?
I will be honest, functional lab testing, hiring a “health investigator” and coach is not cheap but if you want to make an investment in your future self -as putting money in your 401k each paycheck to improve the quality of your life- to live a long, healthy and happy life then you would make the effort to save money to invest in your health.
If you are motivated and driven to live your best life as you age and thrive each day – then you can schedule a free discovery call with me to learn more about my “Health Investigation” Gold Package or my VIP comprehensive package. My packages are six months as we want to achieve your goals and create success- which takes time, course correction and consistency.