Are you struggling to lose weight, gain energy and feel your best self -even when you are trying to do all the “right” things?
What is the definition of INSANITY? (Which I have been saying about our world for the past year!)
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” These words are usually credited to the acclaimed genius Albert Einstein.
Are you motivated to see your desired results?
I was exhausted at trying to figure out WHAT was wrong with me and WHY I was being put through this experience. WHY me?
I was struggling with weight gain, fatigue and METABOLIC CHAOS for years until I worked with a method that treated the WHOLE person and not the lab results. You can’t out supplement poor lifestyle habits and get the desired results if you continue living life as a race. Let’s talk.
Are you stuck in the cycle of trial and error? Trying one program or one system or one product- or one lab test then moving to the next option?
I went to NINE different doctors, practitioners and other health experts looking for help, solutions, answers. I just wanted the “quick fix” and get my body and vibrant self back again ASAP.
The challenge is that it took me years to get to the deep hold I dug myself in and now it was going to take more that two weeks to get my vibrant self back again. I had to do some soul searching and change my life as well as get the right investigation into what were my hidden internal sources of chronic stress that were driving my stress hormones down and my contributors to METABOLIC CHAOS up.
I wanted to feel myself again… I wanted to feel lean, strong, happy and driven again. I wanted to race again and perform my best each year.
Send me a message and we can do a complimentary consultation to discover how you can get your desired results by investigating what is actually going on “under the hood”.
Schedule a call with me here: if you are frustrated and exhausted from trying every program and still not getting the desired results… click here.
What helped me with my quest to get my body and vibrant self back?
Are you looking for the magic pill and solution to feel yourself again?
Sorry to break the news to you but there is not a magic pill.
Self-care takes effort and self-love. If you love yourself enough, then I would hope you would be motivated to take care of the WHOLE you to improve your health, performance and aging process. Getting and staying healthy takes work- but you can’t strive to be FIT and not prioritize the other elements of “The WHOLESTIC Method”.
We should strive to be FIT and HEALTHY… but warning – living life as a race and living with chronic stress impacts all efforts to be fit and healthy.
I know first hand… I was a top age group athlete, lean, fit and strong, plus I was eating real food, working out fasted in the mornings and metabolically efficient (burning % at higher heart rates).
Besides collecting clues in my collection of functional lab tests (big mistake to get one lab at a time and treat the results- lesson learned), as I found parasites, dysbiosis, yeast overgrowth and MOLD toxicity “under the hood” plus food sensitivities and of course -leaky gut is going to be obvious with all of those stressors! My hormones were all below optimal levels! What a mess.
Learn from my mistakes, experiences, education and journey. Don’t let yourself get so deep into a hole that takes years to recover from!
Kion supplements are part of my solution of the “D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success” protocol …which is working on Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress reduction and Supplements. You can’t depend on supplements alone to get your desired results and reach your performance goals.
Kion Supplements – new look, same quality product.
Here are some of my favorite supplements from Kion to fuel my Low Carb Athlete lifestyle.
Fresh ground coffee made in a French press each morning with some cinnamon and splash of organic heavy cream. Ideally, we drink our coffee black if you do not wish to break your fast, but I have to have a little tiny splash of cream! I make my Kion coffee fresh each morning as I have a morning routine… including boiling the water while I grind my Kion coffee beans then place in the French press. Once the water has stopped boiling, I pour hot water over the freshly ground beans and let sit for 30-seconds. Then I fill up the French Press with the rest of the water and let sit for 4-minutes to brew! Voila.
I pour my fresh cup of coffee into my thermos for my morning ritual. I don’t need coffee to wake up, but I enjoy the taste of the coffee and experience each morning- especially with fresh ground coffee made in a French Press. I avoid pre-ground coffee and K-cup type of coffee that may have mold and pesticides -especially since I found out I have mold toxicity last year on my Organic Acids Test (OATS) from Great Plaines!
Over 97% of the world’s coffee is considered “commercial coffee”, a commodity crop grown to maximize yield, sprayed with pesticides, and stored in a way that encourages mold growth. All factors that can lead to health issues and a mediocre brew.
You can enjoy a cup of organic, toxin-free coffee!
Every batch of Kion Coffee is sourced with 100% organic Arabica beans that are grown and harvested on sustainable, fair-trade coffee cooperatives. We also regularly test our coffee to ensure its free of mold, mycotoxins, and pesticides.
Kion Creatine is made with 100% Creapure®, the purest creatine monohydrate available with a 95% absorption rate.
- Boost athletic performance*
- Reduce post-exercise fatigue*
- Support muscle mass and strength*
Creatine works by supplying muscles with a quick source of energy, especially during short-burst, high-intensity exercise.
When combined with resistance training, creatine supplementation has been shown to increase :
- Muscle strength by 20% (compared to 12% with placebo)
- Weightlifting performance by 26% (compared to 12% with placebo)
- Bench press performance by up to 43% (compared to 16% with placebo)
Creatine is commonly used by performance athletes for these benefits, but don’t be fooled; Its benefits far surpass gym gains. Because creatine is an essential nutrient, vegans, vegetarians and older adults can benefit from it, too.
Plant-based eaters often miss out on creatine since most sources are found in animal products. Adding creatine to a plant-based diet has been shown to improve working memory and intelligence in vegans and vegetarians .
Additionally, fatigue and muscle loss are unfortunate realities of aging that many older adults struggle with. Creatine has been shown to increase muscle mass and support fatigue resistance in older adults .
Creatine is found in dietary animal sources, but often not at the levels needed to provide performance, muscular, and mental benefits (except perhaps you full-on Carnivores).
Kion Creatine has your back. It’s 95% bioavailable and provides the recommended dose for taking your physical and mental performance to the next level.
When to take Creatine?
Usually in the morning, pre- or post-workout.
Will Kion Creatine Break My Fast?
Creatine stimulates mTor production, which can impact a fast. It may be best to avoid fasting for anti-aging purposes. However, Kion Creatine does not contain any calories or added sugars and has not been shown to spike blood glucose levels [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12624482]. Therefore, it’s safe to take during fasting for other purposes such as improved cognition or body composition. When combined with Kion Aminos, it’s an incredible source of energy for fasted workouts
Upgrade your gut health with “nature’s first food.” Kion Colostrum is made with premium, grass-fed bovine milk that:
- Promotes healthy gut function*
- Supports the immune system*
- Enhances athletic recovery*
Colostrum is a natural, milky fluid produced by mammals as the first source of nutrition for their young. Colostrum promotes total body health by enhancing immune function, gut health, and athletic recovery. *
Colostrum contains natural sources of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and enzymes such as:
- Cytokines: Messengers that keep the channels of communication open between the cells in your immune system. *
- Lactoferrin: An important protein that supports the health of the intestinal lining and plays a role in the immune system. *
- Immunoglobulins (IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG, IgM): Antibodies that mediate the body’s immune response. *
- Proline-Rich Polypeptides (PRPs): Amino acids that help regulate the immune system and support the production of white blood cells. *
- Growth Factors (IGF-I, IGF-II, EGF): Essential hormones that help build and maintain tissues in the GI tract. *
Whether you want to support your immune system or improve gut health, Kion Colostrum can help build the foundation for a healthier you.
- Kion FLEX for Recovery and Repair! For sure I take Kion Flex on the days I do a hard speed workout (Wednesdays), longer hilly bike ride (Saturdays) and longer run/walk (Sundays). Why?
Kion Flex is a fast-acting blend of natural, clinically studied ingredients is designed to support your active lifestyle.
- Decrease exercise-related soreness and swelling*
- Support optimal joint health, flexibility, and mobility*
- Reduce mild, temporary joint discomfort from overuse*
Kion Flex is a fast-acting formula designed to support a balanced response to exercise-related inflammation. Its plant-based, clinically studied ingredients help reduce soreness and discomfort from physical activity, providing short-term relief when you need it most.
What are the Ingredients?
Turmeric root extract (as Turmacin®), Terminalia chebula fruit extract (as Ayuflex®), Serrapeptase, Aspergillus oryzae and melleus blend (as Serrazimes®), Bacillus subtilis and Ananas comosus blend (as ProHydrolase®); Vegetarian capsule (Hypromellose), rice concentrate (Nu-Flow®), maltodextrin, silica.
My Top Pre and Post Workout Aid: Kion Aminos!
- Kion Aminos Powder is a premium blend of essential amino acids in a convenient, delicious drink mix.
- Add the powder to ice cold water and enjoy a refreshing, low-calorie drink for fueling workouts and keeping up with your busy life.
- Stay energized*
- Boost athletic recovery*
- Support lean muscle mass*
- Aminos Acids are the building blocks of protein in the body, and they help you build new muscle, support energy production, and keep the systems in your body running smoothly.
- Signs and symptoms that you may not be getting enough amino acids, you could experience low energy, workout fatigue, loss of muscle, and a long list of other health issues*.
- If you are working towards peak performance, especially for the aging athlete (even more important for the female aging athlete, is to supplement with aminos as well as lift more heavy weights and eat more protein (Dr. Lyon says 1 gram of protein per lb. of goal body weight).
- Essential amino acids (EAAs) -your body can’t make them on its own. You can only get them from food and remember, you only absorb half from food!
- Supplementing with EAAs is an easy way to cover your bases, unlock peak performance, and ensure your body is getting the fuel it needs to crush it day after day.
- Kion Aminos is a pure, plant-based essential amino acid formula.
- Compared to the ~50% absorption rate of dietary protein, 99% of the amino acids in Kion Aminos get absorbed and go right to work in the body—helping you have more energy, build muscle, and recover better*.
- Add the powder to ice cold water and enjoy a refreshing, low-calorie drink for fueling workouts and keeping up with your busy life.
What do Aminos do for your body, mind and spirit?
- L-Tryptophan: Supports sound sleep and a balanced mood.
- L-Lysine HCL: Enhances muscular repair and recovery.
- L-Methionine: Supports a healthy metabolism.
- L-Threonine: Balances the immune system and supports connective tissue.
- L-Leucine: Plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis.
- L-Isoleucine: Promotes muscular growth and energy regulation.
- L-Valine: Supports energy levels, endurance, and muscle tissue recovery.
- L-Phenylalanine: Regulates hormone production and promotes a healthy nervous system.
What are other supplements Ben Greenfield recommending for improving strength and performance in our Kion Coaching program?
Strength: Nutrients & Supplements
- Amino Acids
- Arachidonic Acid
Should I Take Kion Aminos Before, During, Or After Workouts?
You can take Kion Aminos at any time.
They may be taken:
- 20-30 minutes before a workout as a pre-workout boost or to support fasted exercise.
- During your workout if you need extra fuel.
- Within 1 hour after a workout to improve your recovery.
Will Kion Aminos Break My Fast?
Kion Aminos will not stop you from enjoying the benefits of your fast. They do not contain added sugars or binders and essentially zero calories (less than 4 calories per serving). As a benefit, amino acids can enhance your fast by giving you better energy levels and curbing food cravings.
Should I Take Kion Aminos Daily?
You can take Kion Aminos as needed or as a daily supplement. For best results for lean muscle mass, they should be taken every day.
How Much Protein Does Kion Aminos Have?
5 grams of our aminos are about equivalent to:
- 10 grams of egg protein
- 15 grams of meat protein
- 30 grams of whey protein
- 30 grams of nuts/soy/dairy
Kion LEAN: My blood sugar was a little higher than optimal as CHRONIC STRESS impacts your blood sugar response and even lead me to symptoms of INSULIN RESISTANCE (even with fasted morning workouts and low carb eating!).
Kion Lean is a natural blood sugar support supplement that uses plant-based ingredients to support your metabolism, even after carb-heavy meals.
- Supports metabolic wellness*
- Assists in weight management*
- Promotes healthy blood glucose levels*
Kion Lean is a clinically studied, natural blood sugar support supplement that promotes a healthy metabolism, even after heavy, carb-rich meals.*
Take Kion Lean when you need extra blood sugar support and get back to enjoying the simple things in life.
Kion Lean contains three all-natural ingredients:
- Astragalus for blood sugar support*
- Panax notoginseng for a healthy metabolism*
- Wild bitter melon to decrease glucose absorption*
Take Kion Lean with a carb-rich meal and allow the plant-based ingredients to naturally reduce blood sugar spikes and amp up your metabolism.* Whether you’re a professional athlete that carb-loads for competitions or a busy mom looking to maintain her healthy shape… Kion Lean is your new secret weapon to staying leanLearn more here
Are ready to start your total transformation program?
Let’s schedule a time to chat here to discover how you can get started with either package depending on your needs, goals and health investment.
- The Jumpstart Program
- The Intensive Program
- The Total Transformation Program
I look forward to chatting with you soon on a ZOOM call… schedule a time to discover how you can look, feel and be your best self here.
Coach Debbie Potts