Beware of fillers in your olive oil!
About 80% of the olive oil you see on grocery store shelves is fraudulent.
Whether that means your olive oil is diluted with cheaper, processed oil and food coloring or it’s simply poor quality olive oil labeled as extra virgin… you’re definitely NOT getting what you paid for.
The worst part?
Labeling laws aren’t strict enough to protect consumers. Some Greek and Italian olive oils on the shelves aren’t even from those countries…
And the kind of olive oil you consume matters when it comes to its many health benefits.
The right kinds of olive oil are packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and free-radical fighting antioxidants.
But you have to have high-quality oil you can trust.
Which is why I want to introduce you to my friends at Kasandrinos.
The Kasandrinos know their olive oil. Probably because their family has been harvesting and crushing olives for generations straight from ancient trees on their land in southern Greece.
Here are just a few reasons this is the ONLY olive oil I’ll buy:
- It all starts with the olives. Kasandrinos picks and sorts their olives by hand from ancient trees, which means a more flavorful fruit and a fresher taste.
- No fertilizers. No pesticides. Ever. Kasandrinos trees are older than genetic modification, all their olive oil is certified Organic and naturally Non-GMO.
- Kasandrinos olive oil is pressed straight from the grove. No barrels of olives baking in the sun or left to mold.
- Every bottle is cold-pressed to preserve nutrients and taste. That means a low-temperature, slow-churn for hours to get the golden oil from the olive and into a final mesh filter before storing.
- Time and sunlight degrade olive oil like nothing else, breaking down antioxidants and robbing the oil of its flavor. That’s why Kasandrinos bottles their olive oil in ultra-dark glass or BPA-free tin cans to protect it from light and preserve its taste and quality.
- All their olive oil is shipped in climate-controlled containers to prevent oxidation. And because they only sell the most current harvest, you can always expect the freshest oil possible… straight from the tree to your table.
- There’s only one real way to know if your olive oil is “real” or not — a chemical analysis. And every batch of Kasandrinos olive oil goes through two independent, third-party tests for quality and freshness.
With Kasandrinos, you don’t just get a great-tasting bottle of olive oil — you get the purest possible oil, harvested using Old Word methods from the land their family has tended for generations.
In fact, they don’t sell anything that’s been sitting on the shelf for more than one season.
What are the health benefits of olive oil?
Why I am careful on choosing which olive oil I purchase and why I add this healthy fat to my meals…
The health benefits of dietary fat are still controversial among nutrition experts. But there is one type of fat that everyone can agree is good for you…
If you’re looking for the holy grail of fats, olive oil has some of the best, most rigorous science-backed benefits out there.
From Paleo to keto to vegan diets, olive oil remains one of the best fats you can add to almost any meal.
If you know that olive oil is a “good fat,” but haven’t kept up to date on the latest science, here are just a few reasons to add more of this delicious oil to your diet…
#1: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants
Most olive oils are about 73% monounsaturated fat — fatty acids that support heart health and help lower inflammation. MUFAs also stay stable at high temperatures, making it a healthy choice for cooking.
Olive oil is also packed with free-radical fighting antioxidants, specifically in the form of vitamins E and K. Antioxidants are crucial for fighting inflammation and protecting the heart and arteries.
#2: Olive oil may boost your immune system
Inflammation and metabolic disease lead to lower immune function, making you more susceptible to viruses, bacteria, and other infections. Antioxidant-rich olive oil can help lower inflammation, which contributes to a more robust immune system.
#3: Olive oil can protect your heart
Probably the healthy fat’s biggest claim to fame is its heart-protective properties. Because of its high monounsaturated fatty acid and antioxidant content, olive oil is known for protecting against stroke, cholesterol oxidation, and high blood pressure.
#4: Olive oil is good for your brain
One study in humans suggests that diets higher in olive oil can increase cognitive function. And another study in mice found that olive oil might be able to protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
#5: Olive oil helps balance your blood sugar
Whether you’re battling insulin resistance or you’re just trying to stay in ketosis, olive oil can help keep your blood sugar balanced. And it may even protect against diabetes. One study even suggests a diet rich in olive oil may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by more than 40%.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Other studies highlight olive oil’s antibacterial properties and its ability to reduce pain in people suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis.
Except none of this matters if you’re using poor-quality, diluted olive oil that’s been sitting on the grocery store shelf for months.
You HAVE to have the right olive oil in order to get these benefits.
Which is why I only use Kasandrinos olive oil.
Kasandrinos is the only company I’ve found that harvests their olives by hand from organic, non-GMO trees.
Handpicked olives don’t just preserve the ecosystem and the health of the trees, it prevents bruising, which means fresher-tasting olive oil.
They also cold-press the olives immediately after harvesting, so there’s no possibility of rancidity or mold.
All of their fresh-pressed olive oil is stored in stainless steel tanks, which protects it from oxidation. So, you’re always getting olive oil with the highest nutrient content possible.
Plus, they only sell the most recent harvest. That means you’ll NEVER get last year’s batch.
Ordering from Kasandrinos is the only way I know to get the freshest, most nutrient-dense olive oil on the market. Just check the lot number and harvest date — they’re on every bottle.
Keep the freshest, most nutrient-dense olive oil in your kitchen. It’s worth it. Get it here.
The WHOLESTIC Method Coach,
P.S. Check out this incredible deal from my friends at Kasandrinos. Don’t miss it!