Catharine Arnston, our guest for today, is the Founder and CEO of ENERGYbits and an expert in algae for wellness, nutrition, beauty, biohacking, mitochondria, and longevity. Catharine’s passion for algae is contagious. She has spoken at hundreds of conferences, podcasts, and has been featured on national television. Her scientific fluency allows her to explain algae with such simplicity and clarity that it quickly becomes apparent why algae is something we all urgently need. Catharine’s mission is to ensure that Algae is known everywhere as the most nutrient-dense food in the world.
During our discussion, you will discover the amazing benefits of spirulina and chlorella algae not only for the general population, but for endurance athletes as well. Catherine explains the difference between spirulina and chlorella, the best way to utilize spirulina and chlorella as endurance athletes, and how recovery bits help in recovery and sleep. She also shares insights on how Algae improves the aging process and the importance of healthy mitochondria in recovery, repair, and performance for endurance athletes. Tune in to learn more!
- https://mybiosense.com/ – Use the discount code LOWCARB20 to get 20% off your purchase.
- https://www.energybits.com/ – Use the discount code THELOWCARBATHLETE to get 20% off your purchase.
- The Book: The Plant Paradox
[06:54] Catharine Arnston’s background information
[15:47] The story behind ENERGYbits
[20:13] The book: The Plant Paradox
[23:33] The difference between spirulina and chlorella algae
[30:21] The best time to take spirulina and chlorella as an athlete
[34:04] The benefits of chlorella algae to the endurance athletes
[48:36] How algae improve the aging process
[53:07] The importance of healthy mitochondria in recovery, repair, and performance for the endurance athlete
[59:24] Why algae have everything that gets into the inner membrane of mitochondria
- “One of the highest concentration of mitochondria are in the cells of your muscles. So, you must look after your mitochondria if you want longevity, performance, and mobility.”
- “It’s never too late to feel great.”
- “Algae was the first life on earth four billion years ago. It is the source of all living things.”
Connect with us:
- Website: https://www.energybits.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/energybits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ENERGYbits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/energybits
- Website: https://debbiepotts.net/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thewholesticmethod/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lowcarbathlete/
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/thelowcarbathlete
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thewholeathlete
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lowcarbathlete
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC__1aTDqHjrbAOHcfne7kuQ
***Thank you for listening to The Low Carb Athlete Podcast. We focus on discussing content to help you burn fats, improve health, increase performance in life and sport and transform the whole you from the inside out with The WHOLESTIC Method. Please consider leaving a review and sharing the podcast with your friends! Also, don’t forget to follow us on social platforms***
Click the link below to get access to our new client specials https://debbiepotts.net/new-client-special/.