Don’t wait until your body systems are burned out and broken! Learn from my experience and take ownership for the WHOLE you today.
You may look good on the outside but be a mess on the inside!
Improve performance and longevity with “The WHOLESTIC Method” Health Detective Coaching Program
I just wanted to share with you WHAT, WHY and HOW I am doing my new online Health (RE) Building Coaching program- or my “The WHOLESTIC Method” Health Detective services as I help investigate what is actually going on “under the hood” and creating an individualized program to burn fat, optimize health (Immune system 80% in your gut!) and improve performance in life and sports!
My life as I knew it drastically changed in March 2013 from living my life as a race. Chronic stress accumulated and resulted in a domino effect of internal breakdown of body systems- or as we say as an FD Practitioner- I was experiencing “METABOLIC CHAOS®”. I didn’t change my life around enough, as I am discovering now during “Covid-19” what “slowing down” really means and living life as a journey! I shared my personal experiences, struggles and learning opportunities in my book “LIFE IS NOT A RACE: It is a Journey” back in 2015 so I could help other driven and ambitious high performing individuals avoid becoming broken and burned out from the inside out.
In the past ten years, I began my health-coaching journey in different programs including Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and the most recently becoming a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) Practitioner. For years, I was inspired to enroll in the program as I understood the frustrations of not getting answers and “quick” solutions to getting my body and vibrant life back. I went to multiple doctors and practitioners trying to get the quick fix but only felt more lost, alone, and depressed. I just wanted to feel myself again …and to be able to race in my favorite endurance events again!
My purpose and now my mission are to help individuals feel better, move better, and perform better from the inside out. As a personal trainer and coach for so many years, I knew my clients were not getting the results they were striving for by only training one to two times a week. They needed more… so based on my experience and education, I created “The WHOLESTIC Method” which includes eight key elements to transforming the WHOLE individual from the inside out to burn fat, optimize health and improve performance.
Clients were always struggling to lose (fat) weight and improve their health with exercise alone. Frequently, clients thought they were doing everything “right” to burn fat and to be healthy
I always knew there had to be something more that was stopping clients from getting their desired results – and I knew from my own healthy journey that chronic stress impacted everything (even when you were eating “right” and exercising daily!). Through the FDN Practitioner program, combined with my other nutrition and health coaching certification programs, I learned a WHOLE new way of looking at chronic disease and health, from a functional and casual level.
When I started to dig deeper in my clients, as well as my own individual health investigation, I collected multiple clues of hidden chronic stressors as cellular damage, hormone imbalances, gut dysfunction, and digestion issues. I discovered we could positively impact the aging process instead of blaming the process as a client “new normal”.
The struggle is real, but we can resolve and restore our imbalances with a throughout investigation. My mission is to help other individuals get their body and vibrant self-back by optimizing our health, improving our performance in life, and enhancing the aging process!
As I set out on my own health journey, I discovered how many people needed help as I did. Few coaches or experts were looking at the WHOLE picture and working on the lifestyle behaviors. Being “healthy” is more than just exercising more and eating right “most” of the time… which I really learned from being a personal trainer for 25 plus years! We have to make a shift and create new sustainable habits, including nutrition, exercise, stress management and sleep!
I was eating all the “right” things when my health, fitness and well-being collapsed- but I overloaded my external and internal sources of CHRONIC stress. Health imbalances and symptoms are never from “one” thing but an accumulation, contributor, or a result of METABOLIC CHAOS®.
Now I must focus on prioritizing my sleep, putting breaks in my day to “press pause and reset”, exercise less (endurance) and lift more weights. I need to not fast as long or as frequently as well as not be afraid to be as strict with low carbohydrate intake especially on the weekends when I am more active. I need to continuously learn to listen to my body and respect what it is asking of me- paying attention to the “Red Flags” and when I am over doing life again. I have followed a pathogen protocol and gut rebuilding protocol along with acupuncture treatment. I have taking functional lab tests many times before with other practitioners, but I never seriously changed my lifestyle and work stressors.
I now tell all my clients that “you can’t out supplement poor lifestyle habits” just as you “can’t out exercise a bad diet”. We have to work on the WHOLE body, mind and spirt if we want to make progress. Yes, we recommend a supplement protocol based on an individual’s functional labs (3-5 labs) and clinically correlate the results with their main health complaints/concerns to create an individualized rebuilding protocol but we also work on the “D.R.E.S.S.” protocol all together.
The journey can be challenging at times, but also inspiring at the same time. The education is on-going, as every client is unique and there is not a “one size fits all approach” to getting the desired results, and we have to learn about what each client body needs. Now as an FDN Practitioner, I run a variety of simple functional lab tests for clients that they take at their own home (urine, stool, and urine), with one or two blood lab tests as needed per individual. We run a few key functional lab tests so we can take a deeper look at their health to help investigate what are the roadblocks or barriers stopping them from living each day to the fullest as well as back to their ideal weight and energy levels.
The biggest lesson I teach my clients is to take ownership of their health and starting this new transformational journey will change directions as the health is restored back to optimal levels. We need to work together to “course correct” and adjust continue down the rebuilding road back to optimal health and vitality. Clients may get frustrated and want instant results as I once did, but patience is the key as we are not on a quick “diet” program but creating a long-term sustainable health building lifestyle. A positive mindset and attitude are key to success as well as motivation, accountability, and consistency.
Each individual client will need to learn about how their body works and what it needs to thrive. We focus on building a resilient mind-body-spirt connection!
“Positive vibes- positive attitude- positive energy” is one of my favorite mantras!
Over the years, I have had to learn about my own body and course correction as I tend to be always “on” and strive to be a top performer in life in general- not just athletics. I had to slow down and recently, really transformed our life to strive for “Quality of Life” in order to heal and rebuild the WHOLE me from the inside out.
I was doing all of the healthy things I knew how to do as a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and with my expansive knowledge in the functional health space yet I slowly started to put on weight the past few months, hormone imbalances (peri-menopausal!) and microbiome imbalances. I needed to put my health detective hat on once again for myself and uncover I was doing too much again…too much fasting, too much busy-ness and too much stress. In order to restore my own health again, I had to adjust in my nutrition and fasting schedule as well as alter my workouts, so I was not over training and under recovery.
My microbiome tests showed low key bacteria strains from not getting key fibrous prebiotics and my DUTCH hormone test show extremely low hormones. My gut test detected some imbalances as well, so I needed to begin a gut healing protocol while supporting my hormones and liver. My energy levels are back up, my sleep is solid, and my workouts are improving – now that I made some personal adjustment in all areas of my life.
- Life is a Journey… but your health is an ongoing journey as well!
- Strive for happiness and quality of life.
- Live for today as the present is a gift.
Let me know if you would like to discover more by scheduling a call with me here. I help other driven and ambitious individuals get their body and vibrant self-back. You may be doing all the “right” things but still are not able to get the optimal results you are striving for each day. The struggle is real, but you don’t have to settle for the way you feel as your “new normal” and blame the aging process. Instead we can investigate your WHY by collecting clues in your individual investigation to help you burn fat, optimize health, and improve performance.
Click here to discover more with me. If you want to reclaim your body and vitality, I can help you get access to the right functional lab testing to identity the missing pieces of your health puzzle- so you can finally repair when is wrong and return to feeling your optimal self once again!
You can be empowered by wellness after I teach you “The WHOLESTIC Method” model of self-care to resolve your health concerns while we improve your overall sense of wellbeing.
By implementing my “The WHOLESTIC Method” approach to health and wellness with our functional diagnostic nutrition approach, I can help identify healing opportunities as with the gut, immune and hormone systems, to are creating or contributing to imbalances in the body. We work together to repair, rebuild, and restore balance by using the “D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success” protocols created for each individual client to promote the healing process.
To help you better understand my coaching style and process, here are of the steps in my Health (RE) Building coaching approach-
- A series of lab tests and questionnaires are used to uncover hidden stressors and identify healing opportunities.
- Most of the lab tests are self-administered and are stool, urine-based, and some require a stool or blood sample (and a trip to a lab for the blood draw).
- Based upon the client’s main health complaints, I will recommend specific lab test(s) to do the detective work.
Using the results of the questionnaires and lab tests, we can identify:
- How well the body is responding to stress (or in most cases how it’s NOT responding at all).
- How the body is robbing itself of hormones to create other hormones that it is lacking.
- How healthy the gut is (or isn’t); if parasites, bacteria, or yeast are present and creating toxic overload.
- How clogged the liver might be creating a backup in all the bodily systems.
- Which foods you may be intolerant to which are creating an inflammatory response.
As a personal trainer and coach for 25 plus years, I have worked with multiple clients who have struggled with fat loss and injuries -preventing them from reaching their goals. I know I have struggled with my weight over the years, especially starting in March 2013 when I suddenly gained 30 pounds without anything to do with what I ate or how I exercised. We have all struggled with various health issues as digestion, allergies, low libido, chronic muscle pain and injuries but we don’t have to accept this as their new “normal” and blame the aging process.
We deserve to thrive each day in life- and not trying to just survive the day. Most of the common health complaints or symptoms are related to other imbalances or dysfunctions occurring in the body, that we don’t really know about unless we run functional lab tests. The body works together as an orchestra- so if one area gets overwhelmed or out of balance, then we experience a domino effect. All the players need to be functioning at optimal level to create a beautiful performance!
My mission now is to help others reach their optimal self- even if they don’t have obvious symptoms or “red flags”- but for those who strive to be “healthy” and have the most robust immune system possible. We all should be striving for improving our gut health, microbiome, and immune system now during this pandemic. The lessons to be learned from CV19 is to take care of the WHOLE you and take ownership for your health- no one else is going to do it for you (including a vaccine).
Schedule a call with me here to discover more options and opportunities to get your body and vibrant self-back again.
The Three Steps to Resolving Metabolic Chaos®…FDN Practitioners assess underlying conditions and contributors to Metabolic Chaos®
A comprehensive investigation including assessments and well-chosen functional lab testing…
- We customize a D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success® Program
- We create lab guided and individualized “The WHOLESTIC Method” health building protocols
- We run the WHOLE Program – Health Building Coaching Process
- We “Coach up” function, and “Coach down” contributors to METABOLIC CHAOS®
- We course correct as needed – as the client invariably “gets better”
- We are able to restore the client back to optimal health- as the “causal factors” are resolved …or as the vital voids are revealed!
In summary… “FDN Practitioners figure out what’s wrong and help fix it”- founder Reed Davis, FDNP
Step 1: Assess Metabolic Chaos®
- We run well-chosen functional labs to identify healing opportunities and imbalances, which correlate to most chronic health concerns, within the HIDDEN internal sources of CHRONIC stress as:
- Energy Production
- Nervous Systems
- We must keep in mind that the test results are not the problem, instead the results provide us with key insights into the problem areas that need improvement or attention- while revealing a pathway to restoring order so that optimal health returns!
- Our response to actual stress and perceived stress is interpreted the same by the brain (HPA Axis)!
- “The lab results are not the problem; they are the result of the problem” ~ Reed Davis
Chronic Stress-Related Dysfunctions Symptoms & Lab Values Investigation may reveal:
- HPA axis and adrenal dysfunction
- Cortisol dysregulation
- Circadian rhythm problems
- Hormone dynamics and imbalances
- Poor nutrient breakdown and absorption
- Pro-oxidant vs. antioxidant imbalances
- Sluggish liver
- Detoxification Dysbiosis
- Gut malfunction
- Antigenic overload
- Pathogenic conditions
- Bacteria and yeast overgrowth
- Biotoxins Inflammation
Step 2: Create a Program
- We address your Metabolic Chaos® with functional lab guided drugless protocols & unique behavior program including: Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress Reduction and Supplements or known as our “D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success® Program
- As your health coach, I will help you “coach up” function, and “coach down” your contributors to Metabolic Chaos®
- We work together to observe, and course correct along our health building journey
- The process or journey continues as needed or as health returns and your vital voids are revealed
- As FDN Practitioner, “health detectives”, we identify your individual healing opportunities then apply specific wellness principles to help restore the WHOLE you from the inside out
Learn more about the GUT-BRAIN CONNECTION Here:
The D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success® Program
Diet: Nutrition plan- eat right for your metabolic, including ratios of proteins; fats; carbs plus vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, EFAs, water, etc.
Rest: Sleep 7-8 hours of good sleep hygiene, allow the body & brain to rebuild, repair, restore and detoxify
Exercise – stimulate oxygenation, circulation, elimination of toxins, tone muscles, increase flexibility, cardio-pulmonary
Stress Reduction – identify/eliminate mental, physical and biochemical stressors, especially HIDDEN ones identifying in our investigation using the functional labs
Supplementation – targeted supplementation to support and stimulate as needed, fill in any gaps in the food sources – substitution for what is missing in food plan (food quality- lack of nutrients, minerals and vitamins).
The FDN Practitioner Investigative Process: based on sound principles as…
- We don’t diagnose or treat anything specifically, we treat everything non-specifically
- We make observations about Metabolic Chaos® and remove as many contributors and stressors as possible, “unmasking” the basic systems that are actually failing
- We nurture these functions and support weak links that are a part of Metabolic Chaos®
- Metabolic pathways can be restored so clients invariably “get better”
- “General principles of health building outperform specific treatments” ~ Reed Davis, founder
Step 3: Run the Program
- We provide a self-care model based on knowledge, empowerment and behavior
guide you along your health building journey and transformation with course
correction as needed based on feedback in phases-
- The Relief Phase
- The Correction Phase
- The Maintenance Phase
- Then we always refer out for additional needs
The FDN Emancipating Paradigms
- We may never discover what exactly is your “root cause” and it may never be known… but that’s okay!
- Your “root cause” may be undetectable, it may be very far removed from what we may expect or measure
- We can create e a positive effect upon the “root cause(s)” when we know what steps to take based on our total individualized investigation
- “Healing occurs when the healing process is focused on identifying and removing contributors to Metabolic Chaos® and supporting function through corrective behavior and natural therapies” ~ Reed Davis, founder of FDNP
What is your “Vital Reserve vs. Metabolic Chaos®”?
As your FDN “Health Detective” Practitioner, we Coach up vital reserve
- Stress Reduction
We will coach down Metabolic Chaos®
- Any known stressors
- All identified hidden stressors
- Any and all contributors to Metabolic Chaos®
As your FDN Practitioner Health Detective:
- Investigative skills and mindset that always seeks to unravel Metabolic Chaos®
- We will not focus on treating the functional lab test results
- Suggest the best proven labs and time-honored products
- Comprehensive Intake assessments to help contribute to the investigation and towards collecting clues to help put the missing pieces of your health puzzle together -to help form a solid impression.
- Work with our FDN Medical Director Team to assess lab results, investigate with clinical correlation skills that enhance assessment accuracy of collecting the missing pieces of the puzzle together
- We will review the lab test results to collect clues, identify healing opportunities and areas of opportunity
- We will review your individualized results and protocol recommendations
- Together we will work on restoring your WHOLE health, improving performance and longevity
- Throughout the coaching journey, you will be educated and provided with the tools to CHOOSE to embrace the FDN model of self-care vs. the medical model of disease care
Avoid “The Metabolic Chaos® Cascade”: “Any HIDDEN stress and imbalances, if not soon resolved, cascade into other areas causing serious dysfunction leading to dis-ease and symptoms (the problem)” – FDNP
Don’t wait until the problems appears or show up! Take ownership of your health and prevent going down the METABOLIC CHAOS CASCADE today!
How can you get started on your health rebuilding transformational journey?
Do you want to get your body and vibrant self-back again? Transform the WHOLE you with “The WHOLESTIC Method” Health (RE) Building individualized coaching programs.
Debbie helps driven, ambitious, high performing individuals, who are trying to do all the “right” things, investigate what is actually going on “under the hood” to get their body and vibrant self-back. You have seen multiple doctors and experts, but they tell you everything is “normal” and there is nothing wrong with you. That was my experience. I refused to believe that “nothing is wrong with me” and this is part of “getting older”. This was not going to be the new me and stop me from investigating what was really going on from the inside out – under the hood. You have a choice to take care of the WHOLE you and take ownership of your aging process.
You may look healthy on the outside, but you may be unhealthy on the inside. We don’t know what is going on “under the hood” unless we investigate with functional lab tests, correlation and collect clues to find your missing pieces of your health puzzle back together again. You don’t need to settle and blame the aging process- the struggle is real, and you are not alone. If you feel exhausted trying to do all the “right” things and still can’t feel, move, or look better then we need to take a different approach. Choose health. Be a part of the solution. Contact me here if you are ready to make a change.
Remember- the definition of Insanity is … “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
If you are stuck in the “cycle of trial and error” then it is time to take a different approach and look at the WHOLE person with “The WHOLESTIC Method” investigation coaching program if you want to REPAIR-REBUILD-RESTORE the WHOLE you to live your best life now.
Contact me to schedule a call to discovery more. Click here.
Who is Debbie Potts?
Owner, trainer, and coach of a unique “Health Detective” coaching services with unique “The WHOLESTIC Method” eight elements to guide clients repair, rebuild and restore their WHOLE health back to improve vitality and balance. Debbie helps driven and ambitious people, who are trying to do all the “right” things, investigate what is actually going on “under the hood” to get their body and vibrant self-back
Debbie shared her personal story in her book “Life is not a Race… it is a Journey” and created “The WHOLESTIC Method Manual and Workbook”. She hosts “The Low Carb Athlete” Health Building weekly podcast to help athletes of all levels improve ability to burn fat, optimize their health from the inside out and achieve their peak performance gains. Debbie shares her show on Mondays with health guests on Mondays then shares her own thoughts on “Wellness Wednesdays” (Health Building) and “Fitness Fridays” (Athletic Performance Gains).
Debbie walks the talk and practices watch she preaches. After being a top personal trainer for twenty-five years plus years- she continues her education constantly: NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), USAT Triathlon coach, CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Kion (Superhuman) Coach, Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (FNTP), DNA Fit coach and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P). She took her health in her own hands and combined therapy, labs, and lifestyle changes to transform her own life to heal, reclaim energy and reboot her own system.
Be a part of the journey to transform the WHOLE you from the inside out with The WHOLESTIC Method Coaching program. There isn’t a one size fits all approach to healing, rebuilding, and restoring the WHOLE you as we are all unique bio-individuals.
Debbie’s focuses on coaching the WHOLE individual from the inside out with elements of “The WHOLESTIC Method” program. Her services include: Personal training, Nutritional Therapy evaluation, assessments, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner services, Chronic Stress Treatment, Detox and Digestion Reset Fat loss programs. She teaches groups and individuals to become fat adapted with her three-phase program in the 30-day Total Transformation Program. “The WHOLESTIC Method” coaching program includes lifestyle elements, Nutritional Therapy, FDN-lab testing, DNA Fit reports and more.
Debbie was a top age group triathlete and runner for many years until she broke herself with chronic fatigue and “METABOLIC CHAOS”. Now, she is following her purpose, passion, and mission to help others avoid going through the exhaustion, weight gain and hormonal cascade that she experienced starting back in 2013. Debbie coaches’ groups and individual clients in person as well as online to reclaiming their optimal health for performance and longevity. Whether you are training for running, trail running, cycling and triathlon events to thrive and enhance performance via becoming a low-carb fat adapted metabolically efficient athlete.
Specialties: Health Detective Coaching, Total Transformation Fat Loss Coaching, Personal training, NASM-CPT, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, CHEK HLC, Superhuman Coach, Kion Coach, DNA Fit coach, Pilates Mat, Yoga, Rehab training, Metabolic Efficiency Testing, Triathlon, and Run Coaching for athletes of all levels. Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner.
Schedule a DISCOVERY CALL here to learn more about how to get started on your next journey!
Strive to be your BEST self… Self-Care with The WHOLESTIC Method program!
Life is not a race… It is a Journey.
Slow down. Pause. Reset and Recalibrate.
Reboot the WHOLE you from the inside out.
DEBBIE POTTS LINKS:
• Website: www.debbiepotts.net
• Facebook: Debbie Potts, LOW CARB ATHLETE
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/thelowcarbathlete
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/thelowcarbathlete/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lowcarbathlete/
• LIFE IS NOT A RACE book on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2pESNZE
• The WHOLESTIC Method Manual & Workbook on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2zTDrWQ
• YouTube: https://youtu.be/QRSSWEjFM7k
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thewholesticmethod/
Schedule a Discovery Call here: https://DebbiePottsCoaching.as.me/discoverycall